Current research indicates that 1 of every 6 males will experience sexual victimization at some time during his lifetime. There is a high likelihood that YOU or SOMONE YOU KNOW PERSONALLY is a male survivor.
The Facts Are Compelling
- 1,590 men have attended our Weekend and Day of Recovery retreats
- We have conducted 77 WOR/DOR events since their inception
- 72% of 2019 WOR/DOR participants received financial assistance
MenHealing is committed to accessibility for all of our resources. As a grassroots organization, 85% of our financial support is received from individual donors and 15% from event registrations. We do not receive any funding from the government or foundation grants. Our work is possible because of generous donations from individuals like YOU.
We Provide a Wide Range of Services
Weekend of Recovery (WOR) and Day of Recovery (DOR) retreats are a dynamic supplemental resource for healing. These retreats are accessible and inclusive for adult men who have been sexually victimized at any time during their lives. These unique retreats are designed to inform, inspire, and support men who have been sexually victimized as adults or children. No other organization offers this innovative healing resource.
Our Financial Assistance Fund provides monetary support up to 80% of the registration fee. Through the generous contributions of donors, the fund supports our goal that no survivor should be denied access to healing retreats because of financial hardship or limited financial resources.
Beyond Survival: Voices of Healing is video series that highlights individual journeys of healing.
Beyond Survival: Evenings of Hope are our community outreach events.
Here are some ways YOUR donation contributes directly to help a survivor heal:
- A $35 Donation will pay for six re-usable water bottles given to survivors at a WOR
- A $50 Donation will pay for ten personal journals given to survivors at a WOR
- A $200 Donation will pay for one month subscription for ZOOM platform used by MenHealing
- A $295 Donation will pay 25% of the cost for one survivor to attend a WOR
- A $590 Donation will pay 50% of the cost for one survivor to attend a WOR
- A $880 Donation will pay 75% of the cost for one survivor to attend a WOR
- A $1,175 Donation will pay 100% of the cost for one survivor to attend a WOR
We especially want to thank the growing community of regular sustaining donors. Consider whether YOU can join as a recurring donor at any amount.
Learn About Our Core Values
MenHealing is grounded in principles of inclusion and equality, intentionality, consensus decision making, and collaboration (internally and externally). Learn More About Our Core Value…